Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thank You to Everybody


I finally had time to read blogs and comments. I appreciated all the beautiful pictures of Renee that her friends posted. Reading the blogs and comments and knowing that she was loved by so many people helps to ease the pain a little bit.


Renee was a big inspiration to me and I will never be the same. Spending all that time with her is something I will always treasure. In 2005 in one of the many conversations we had, she said that she was sure glad that she had been born. Renee loved life and her Lord and people of all nations.


Renee loved ethnic food. We would go out to eat whenever possible. I tried to cook as many different dishes from other countries as I could and to make it as spicy as possible. As a result I had quite an exotic collection of spices and herbs. There is such a wide variety of things available in New York City and so many good restaurants.


On one occasion we ate at Afghan House. Renee had enjoyed the meal very much. She made a comment that it would be nice to develop a way of eating ethnic food continuously without getting full! I said that in heaven we would all be able to eat as much food from around the world as possible. She just looked at me kind of funny.


We never had a conversation about dying. Renee was planning on living. That was the plan. The transplant was going to happen eventually, even if we had to stay in New York all summer. I would have been happy to stay as long as it took for her to get better.


I appreciated all the people that came out for the memorial services. I wish I could have met more people, especially at the Winnipeg service. We only came home Friday morning from New York. We had to go to the funeral home right away and then again at 2:00. That evening was totally taken up by planning the services. Saturday, it took me all day to write the eulogy. I had not even had time to eat or maybe I just forgot. I had to quickly do some editing yet before the service began. Hopefully we will get to meet some of the people I didn't get to meet in the coming weeks. I was very exhausted and some things did not quite register in my brain either.


I am feeling more rested now. That is all for now.


5 comments:

  1. auntie martha, nice to read/hear from you. i continue to hurt for you and lift you up to the Lord.
    love you,
    dayna
    ps- that is a great picture of renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha, thanks for stopping by my blog. I did the DTS right before Renee's and came back on staff during her school. Was there just until 8 months ago, now I live in Ontario. That picture on my blog of Renee drinking coffee was taken at a bridal shower for one of our staff members, Nancy. I think it was... maybe 2 years ago? It's hard to say... all those years seem so blended together. The picture is actually of Renee and 3 other girls, and then I photoshopped it to make it look cool. If you'd like a copy of the whole pic I can email it to you, just send me your email address either by my blog or at jamie.church@gmail.com. The main thing I remember about Renee is that she never complained.. always seemed to have a good attitude and helped me out in worship when I needed people to fill in. She was always willing to serve. So sorry for your loss..wish I could be there for the service in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just found out that Renee had passed away this weekend from someone from Mennville. I`m so sorry, i don`t know if you remember me but i am a school friend of Alayna`s from Mennville. I`ll be praying for you and remember that no matter what God will hold your hand and pick you up when it`s to hard to go on. I feel what your going through. God Bless and say hi to Alayna.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Lydia. Good to see that you are in YWAM. May God bless you.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    May God Bless you also in the coming months. I was surprised you remembered me, cause it has been a long time. And YWAM is definitely a great option to take.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete