Thursday, March 20, 2008

Blessed Assurance

I forgot to mention something in my previous blog, so I will quickly write another one.


The sunset picture was taken on March 2, as we were on our way to the Mennville Church where we would say, "See you later, Renee, our precious, lovely daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece and friend, waiting for the day when we will see you again."

Till then we must do all we can to spread the message of hope.

While I was preparing lunch, on the 18th of March, a song came to my mind - "Blessed Assurance", one of the many hymns written by Fanny Crosby. This was a hymn that I sung and played on the piano a lot when I was pregnant with Renee. As a result of hearing it so much before she even was born, it was also one of her favorite hymns.

Why did it come to my mind now on her birthday? The Holy Spirit does those kind of things.

This hymn became one of my favorites, among others such as "I Have Found a Friend in Jesus" during all the grief we went through in losing our first two children. "Blessed Assurance" is the one that kept coming back to me more than any of the others. God even arranged for the worship team at Eastview Community Church to include that song in the service when Ray and I were accepted as members. Wow! is that awesome or what!

We read Psalm 36 this morning. Verses 5, 6 & 9: "Your unfailing love, O Lord is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds. Your righteouness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see."

No comments:

Post a Comment