Thursday, December 20, 2007

Perfect Peace? and Ongoing Cleansing


The promise in Isaiah 26:3 has often been a comfort to me. "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!" But so often I feel anxious and don't experience that perfect peace. But I must say that I have had more peace than I would have ever thought possible. Verse 4 says, "Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord is the eternal Rock." Proverbs 20:9 says "Who can say ever say, I have cleansed my heart; I am pure and free from sin?" As soon as we confess our sin and repent, sinful thoughts and actions begin to creep back. We need ongoing cleansing, moment by moment. Thank you, God that you provide forgiveness by your mercy.

Isaiah 43:1-3 "the Lord who created you says:'Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name: you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames of fire will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Renee got out of the hospital yesterday around 8:00 after 40 days, that's 5 weeks and 5 days. Might not seem very long to those of you that don't know what it's like. The hospital pharmacy was closed already by then, so I was to get all her prescriptions this morning. When I get there, I find out the resident had forgotten to send the prescriptions. Needless to say I did not feel very loving at that moment. So after everything got sorted out, I was told that they would be ready at 4:30. At 4:30 when I came back I found out they had made a mistake and ordered the wrong GCS-F. I wish I had thought about telling them in pharmacy that I could just go to the 9th floor and get the needles and syringes and not have to wait for prefilled ones. I was so tired. I've had some very short nights lately. It took them a whole hour to change the order. So I just sat there and tried to have a little nap.

Renee really enjoyed her sleep at the apartment. She had to spend one night on the 7th floor yet just to make her even happier to get out. On the 7th floor the level of care is quite different than on the 9th, which is pediatrics. They don't know what to do with an IV pump that has been silenced. You are just supposed to leave it beeping, to make sure you won't get too much sleep! Good thing it was just one night!

I'm guessing that everybody will be too busy with Christmas stuff and not have time to read blogs, but in case there is any body out there reading this, please pray that Ray, Alayna and Kara will have a good cruise along with Carlin and Marcia. This was such a wonderful answer to prayer. You can't believe how happy Ray and I were that they could go. They are a retired pastor couple, exactly what Ray needs now, to help him deal, not only with the anxiety of the situation with Renee, as if that isn't enough, but also the situation at his business. Please pray also for Justin who is at home by himself for 10 days. Renee has to go to the day hospital every few days to get an IV med for the fungal infection in her lungs. This is a very expensive drug, but the insurance will cover it, if it is administered in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment