Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength


During the three years that our first born son was in and out of the hospital with various infections, that verse was a life line to me. The other day I came across the song that is based on that verse. One of the stanzas says, "To have this joy, I must praise for it."
Does God really expect me to priase him, even when it's the last thing I feel like doing? I guess that is why it's called a sacrifice of praise. If I could just learn to do this more, it would make life easier. I started writing a "thank you, God" journal. At the end of each day, I try to write at least five things that I'm thankful for.

Psalm 18:1, 2, 28, 29 - 33
"I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer:
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.
With your help I can advance against a troop,
with my God I can scale a wall.
As for God, his way is perfect:
the Word of the Lord is flawless.
He is a shield for all who take refuge in him
For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is a Rock besides our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
my God turns my darkness into light.
With your help I can scale a wall.
These verses were among my favorites when we were in the hospital with our second son and also later when I was trying to cope with his death. I will add some more whenever I get around to it. Tomorrow Alayna and Kara are coming and I'll be busy getting ready for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment