Friday, August 08, 2008

This Day


Psalm 105:4 I came across this verse again this morning. "Search for the Lord and for his strength, and keep on searching." In the pages of God's Word we will discover a God who is waiting for us to find him. I know God gave me strength to get through the winter - our journey through the return of Renee's leukemia. There were so many people praying for Renee and our family. I want to trust that God will continue to be with us as we continue this journey of grief.


Suffering is universal, and there are some very crazy situations in the world, with all the war and crime and craziness. The song, "This is my Father's World" helped to bring me a sense of peace, as I was trying to get back into a routine after coming home from NYC after Renee's first session of treatments at the end of '05. "Though the wrong seems oft so strong, God is the ruler yet."

2 comments:

  1. just wanted to say that i love the picture from your july 17th post! incredible!

    take care, dayna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:01 PM

    being angry....I know that it is OK.If you were to act out in anger, those actions could be sinful but to FEEL the emotion, seems to me, is our human reaction to what we deem as unfair. And in a human light it is VERY unfair when a young vibrant life is snuffed out. I often pray that you will receive lots of revelations of "what good came out of your suffering". No matter what that good could be, it would still be unsatisfying to justify in your minds a loss so great. -Connie H

    ReplyDelete